At the Cambridge Self-Help Food Bank we are always looking for energetic, kind and reliable volunteers. We want to ensure each volunteer has a positive and rewarding experience with us. Time commitment ranges from once a week to an occasional day/evening throughout the year and during busy peak times.
To volunteer, follow these steps:
- Complete our volunteer application form.
- Volunteers will then be contacted for a tour and interview.
- Please feel free to contact Tara with any questions or concerns you may have at 519-622-6550 ext. 106 or email@example.com
At the Food Bank we welcome a variety of groups to volunteer. Opportunities exist for corporate groups, churches, service groups, schools and others to help in a variety of ways. Volunteer shifts are flexible and can be arranged through the group liaison and Tara.
At the Food Bank we offer volunteer positions for students to obtain their 40 hours for graduation. Positions can be limited due to the number of students looking to help out and the time of year. If you’re interested in helping out please keep in mind we do have a lot of students looking to volunteer with limited space, not all students will be accepted.
As a Volunteer you may be involved in helping with any of the following events/areas:
- Emergency hamper room
- Clothing room
- Sorting and packaging food
- Stocking shelves
- Participating in fundraising events
- Serving on the Board of Directors or other Board committees