If you Need Food We can Help
If you need food and live within Cambridge & North Dumfries, we can help you! For immediate assistance, 519-622-6550 ext. 100 or come in to see us at 54 Ainslie Street South, Cambridge
The Food Assistance Programs are designed to provide individuals and families in need with a supply of supplementary food.
What to Expect
We know how difficult it can be to ask for help. That’s why we are here to help you along the way. Let an employee or volunteer of the Cambridge Self-Help Food Bank help you one-on-one with your application. There may be a short wait time when you come down to see us. For your application you will need to bring:
- Proof of your income
- Proof of your current Cambridge address (drivers licence, a bill, apiece of mail)
- Proof of family size
The CSHFB provides up to 8 emergency food hampers per year to individuals who live in Cambridge and North Dumfries. You must bring identification for each member of your family along with proof of income and address. These hampers are free of charge and are intended to last your family for 3 days.
Food Bank Hours
Monday & Tuesday 12:00 (Noon) to 4:30pm Wednesday 9:00am to 4:30pm Thursday 9:00am to 6:30pm Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
In addition to the emergency food hamper program, the CSHFB offers a food co-operative. This is a voluntary program and is open to anyone who lives in Cambridge and North Dumfries and has a low income. Members of the food co-operative contribute a membership fee of $9 per month and volunteer 4 hours per month. In return members are entitled to shop in the co-op store twice per month. The food co-operative is a great way to stretch your food budget, make new friends and become active in your community.
Wednesdays at 10:00 am or 11:00 am no appointment is needed
A variety of meal programs are offered in the Cambridge area for free or nominal cost. Please inquire directly
- Trinity Anglican Church- offers a free lunch on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays beginning at 11:30am. Insert address here.
- Vineyard- offers a free lunch on Tuesday and Sundays at 11:30am. 147 Elgin Street North
- The Bridges – offers dinner Monday-Friday at 5pm. There is a nominal charge of $1 per person.
- The Bridges also offers a free breakfast on Thursday mornings.
- Mike’s Lunch Basket- Located at the CSHFB and offers a free meal at 11am on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Saturday of each month.
- Life for the Nations “Blue Door” – offers free lunch on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays
- Salvation Army Hespeler- offers a free lunch on Thursday beginning at noon. 18 Tannery St. Hespeler
- Hespeler Baptist Church – offers a free dinner meal on Thursdays at 5pm during Summer months.
- St. Andrew’s Hespeler Presbyterian – offers at free dinner meal on alternate Thursdays at 5pm during the Winter months